Day care at the 1596 club
Our welcoming and professional Day Care service called the 1596 Club offers you a home from home; helping to relieve loneliness and isolation while supporting you to maintain your independence.
You can enjoy friendship and companionship through our many social events on offer and our friendly staff are on hand to provide assistance with additional needs. The 1596 Club is open every weekday 10am – 3:30pm.
What’s on offer
- Flexibility to visit as regularly as you like for just £30 a day
- Free trial day to find out if the service is right for you
- Freshly prepared and nutritious hot or cold lunch
- Entertainment, activities and friendship
- Exclusive invite to our annual events such as garden parties and other special occasions
- Transport from your home and back again for just £10*
- High quality and supportive personal care such as podiatry, hairdressing, assisted baths or showers*
Who is it for?
- All people over 60
- People who live on their own while still wanting to maintain their independence
- People who would like to join in social activities or try out a new hobby
- Carers who would value a break from their caring role
The 1596 Club runs in two of Whitgift Care’s homes at:
- Whitgift House, 76 Brighton Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 6AB
- Wilhelmina House, 21 Park Hill Rise, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 5JF
Get in touch
If you are interested in attending the 1596 Club or would like more information, simply fill in our contact form and a member of the Day Care team will be able to assist you.
“Our homes are happy, social communities and there’s always lots to do. Every day includes an activity such as arts and crafts, computer lessons, exercise classes, pampering sessions, films and musical performances. The 1596 Club is very much part of our Whitgift Care family and we always like to welcome new members” Jennifer Daley, Care Services Manager