Tips for moving to a Whitgift Care home
- Try to avoid moving in during a meal time. Meal times are the busiest time of day for our staff, so they will be most able to offer assistance outside of these times.
- All bedrooms in Whitgift House and Wilhelmina House are part-furnished, so include beds.
- Flats in the Whitgift Almshouses and Whitgift House are unfurnished on arrival and all furniture including beds will need to be brought by the resident.
- In all our care homes we advise that you bring your own furniture, as well as items such as pictures, photographs, ornaments, and maybe a favourite chair and bed throw. Having your personal possessions around you will help you to settle in.
- Make sure more general possessions such as wheelchairs or walking frames are labelled. This is especially important in Whitgift House, the largest of our homes.